At theFactor.e we consider the security of our systems a top priority. Our continuous ISO 27001 efforts and certificate are an example of the importance we place upon security and privacy. But we are aware that there are always possible vulnerabilities that are overlooked or have been newly introduced into the environment.
If you discover such a vulnerability, we would greatly appreciate it if you would let us know about it, so we can take the necessary steps to address it as quickly as possible. Therefore we would like to ask you to help us improve our security, our systems and the way we do our work.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to email@example.com, using the headline: Ethical Disclosure - [topic]
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Incase of more complex vulnerabilities, we would like to be able to ask follow up questions if necessary.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation of the report,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality; your personal information will not be disclosed and is deleted after closing the vulnerability,
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. The amount of the reward will be determined based on the severity of the leak and the quality of the report. The minimum reward will be €50 for validated issues.
We strive to resolve all problems and vulnerabilities as quickly as possible.